Western North Carolina Attractions
On Friday nights, Downtown Asheville is the place to be! Let the Holiday Inn Biltmore West take the hassle out of downtown parking and take advantage of our shuttle service. Purchase a ticket at our Front Desk for just $5 round trip (Kids Ride Free*). The shuttle departs hourly from 5-11 p.m. and return trips from downtown are on the half-hour, from 5:30-11:30 p.m. Our friendly driver can offer great insider tips adn directions. The shuttle drop-off and pick-up location is in the heart of walkable Downtown Asheville at 38 Patton Avenue.
Group Shuttle Rental
When not making trips downtown, our 11-passenger shuttle is also available for private charter. Speak with our sales team to set up a customized route to one of many great Asheville area attractions!
- Historic Downtown Asheville (6 MI)
- Biltmore Estate (6 MI / 9.66 KM )
- NC Arboretum (4 MI / 6.44 KM )
- Asheville Outdoor Outlets (3.7 MI / 5.95 KM)
- WNC Nature Center (7 MI / 11.27 KM )
- Chimney Rock Park (35 MI / 56.33 KM )
- WNC Farmers Market (4 MI / 6.44 KM )
- Folk Art Center (10 MI / 16.09 KM )
- Blue Ridge Parkway (4 MI / 6.44 KM )
- Botanical Gardens (7 MI / 11.27 KM )
- US Cellular Center (6.7 MI / 10.78 KM)
- Harrah's Cherokee Casino (45 MI / 72.42 KM )
- White Water Rafting (45 MI / 72.42 KM )
- Great Smoky Mountain Railroad (45 MI / 72.42 KM )
- Historical Asheville Downtown (6 MI / 9.66 KM )
- Biltmore Village (6 MI / 9.66 KM )
- The Orange Peel (6 MI / 9.66 KM )
- Gem Mining (25 MI / 40.23 KM )
- Asheville's Fun Depot (7.5 MI / 12.07 KM)
- Wolf Ridge Ski Resort (35.2 MI / 56.64 KM)
- Cataloochee Ski Resort (33.4 MI / 53.75 KM)
- WNC Agricultural Center and Fairgrounds (12 MI / 53.75 KM)
Local Insider Must See
During your stay in Asheville, be sure to visit one of the city's most popular attractions: the Biltmore Estate. Just 6 miles from our hotel, this historic estate is the crown jewel of Western North Carolina! Completed in 1895, the Biltmore Estate was built by George Vanderbilt II, and is still the largest privately-owned home in America with more than 170,000 square feet and 250 rooms. Situated on 8,000 sprawling acres in the heart of Asheville, the estate boasts gardens designed by Frederick Law Olmstead, vast greenhouses, a winery, outdoor center and many other great sights and activities. Skip the ticket office and purchase your discounted tickets at the front desk.
Just south of Asheville, the Blue Ridge Parkway gives visitors a bird's eye view of Western North Carolina. Dubbed "America's Favorite Drive," the Blue Ridge Parkway runs for more than 400 miles through the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia and North Carolina. Our hotel is close to some of the most breathtaking spots on this scenic highway, and the nearest access is a simple 4-mile drive from our hotel. Hop on the highway and drive into the mountains, where you'll find a multitude of scenic vistas and overlooks. There are plenty of stops along the way for hiking, picnicking and photo opportunities!